Here’s a thought (at left) that ought to make you smile. Yes, (Fox News anchor) Tucker Carlson, that’s the plan indeed.
Let’s see…..America gets:
• A new tax code, reversing huge cuts for the super-rich that came at the expense of looting the Treasury
• A return to the Paris Accord and a relaunch of a policy of environmental stewardship
• The end of Russian interference in our elections and a great reduction in the massive voter suppression we have in place
• A president who usually tells the truth
• The end of sweetheart deals with the oil companies that prevent clean energy sources from phasing out fossil fuels
• A re-welcoming of its allies internationally
• The end of support for authoritarian regimes globally
• The release of 70,000 children now locked in cages, and the commencement of a movement in the direction of immigration reform
• Rapprochement with the communities of people of color, starting with the acknowledgement that Black Lives Matter is not a “hate group”
• A path towards universal health care, following the lead of countries that include Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom
• A president who is respected by the U.S. military, and will not bypass military justice for political gain (or any other reason)
• A return to rule of law, where the laws of the land apply to everyone, including the president
• A president who represents and supports the inclusivity of people of all religions, races, and sexual orientations
• A public education system that is not sabotaged by the president’s cabinet
• A president who does not profit from his office, run sham charities, appoint family members to important government positions for which they have no qualifications, extort political help from foreign governments, etc.
I have to admit it, this all sounds pretty damn good to me.