Energy Trust of Oregon cash incentives help make energy-efficiency improvements at multifamily properties more affordable. In addition to the new incentives listed below, Energy Trust is offering bonuses for qualifying insulation, ductless heat pumps, packaged terminal heat pumps, gas furnaces and foodservice equipment installations at eligible existing multifamily properties.
Beginning September 1, new incentives are available for:
- Extended capacity heat pumps (ECHP)—$650-$1,350 incentives are available for extended capacity ducted heat pumps, which operate efficiently in colder climates without engaging backup heating systems. Incentive available for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only.
- Windows—$6.00 per square foot incentive available for windows that have a u-value of 0.24 or less. Incentive available for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only.
- Advanced Rooftop Controls (ARC)—Incentives are available for retrofit advanced rooftop controls ($50-$200 per ton).These controls reduce fan speed during heating and cooling and can help building owners and operators save money while making their buildings more comfortable.
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valves—$30 each for pre-rinse spray valves installed in campus and assisted living properties.
Updated incentives and requirements include:
- Gas Furnaces—The bonus is increasing from $550 to $1,000 per unit. Incentive available for side-by-side, duplex, triplex and fourplex properties only. Equipment must be purchased and installed between September 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021.