September 29th, 2020 by Zachary Shahan
This weekly top 20 is a biweekly top 20. Below are the 20 stories that were most popular on CleanTechnica in the past two weeks. Tesla Battery Day overwhelmed us last week and made me skip the normal weekly article.
First, though, let’s scroll through some of the top exclusive content we published in the past two weeks.
Speaking of Battery Day, we published several in-depth pieces regarding Battery Day expectations before the event. Some of them turned out to be very close to reality. Rather than pick out Battery Day stories one by one, though, here’s our full Tesla Battery Day archives. On especially odd thing I did do, though, is I dug through Tesla Energy history from 2013 to 2020.
I published a report showing charts and graphs of how Tesla sales (deliveries) changed from 2016 to 2020. Additionally, top Tesla analyst Troy Teslike published his Q3 2020 Tesla delivery forecast before publishing elsewhere. Meanwhile, José Pontes published plugin vehicle sales reports in Germany, China, Korea, and Europe.
Kyle Field got to spend some time with the Volkswagen ID.4, and then shared his thoughts on the hot new electric crossover.
We interviewed a professional chef on why induction stoves are so wicked good.
We also interviewed James Chen, Rivian’s Vice President of Public Policy at Rivian, about a new bill in Michigan brought forward by Representative Sheppard (R) to tries to lock new EV startups out of Michigan.
And we interviewed Dave Jones, a Senior Electricity Analyst with EMBER, about global electricity generation from renewables doubling over the past 5 years.
We also published an English version of an interview with Hikaru Nakajima, Nissan’s new CVE (Chief Vehicle Engineer), regarding the coming Nissan Ariya and related matters.
I published my monthly report on US electricity generation.
Now — on to the 20 most popular CleanTechnica articles of the past 2 weeks!
- Michigan’s New House Bill 6233 Wants To Ban EV Automakers From Doing Business
- Elon Musk Explains Why Tesla Solar Power Is So Cheap — CleanTechnica Exclusive
- It’s Official — Consumer Reports Confirms EV Owners Spend Half As Much On Maintenance
- Tesla Battery Day Liveblog & Livestream! Battery Cost To Be Cut In (More Than) Half!
- Windmills No More: GE Debuts Monster Of A New 13 Megawatt Wind Turbine
- What’s The Secret Sauce Behind New “Forever” Solar Panels?
- Everything You Need To Know About Tesla’s New 4680 Battery Cell
- 12V Battery Improvements Coming To Tesla Vehicles, Elon Musk Shares
- 72% Of Impossible Burger Sales Displace Animal-Derived Foods
- Tesla Model Y Built In Germany Will Use Large Front Casting
- The Secret of Tesla Battery Day
- Tesla NOT Developing Smartwatch With Partners
- With Solid State Energy Storage, Oil-Rich Texas Hits Clean Tech Trifecta
- Tesla’s New Homemade Batteries Are In Test Cars On The Road Today
- Indian Solar Module Manufacturer Lands $105 Million US Order
- US Showers Tiny Wind Turbines With Big Love
- First DEEP Geothermal Well In Saskatchewan Exceeds Expectations
- New Energy Storage System From Building Blocks, For Coal Power Plants
- The Fully Electric VW ID.4 Is A Direct Assault On Internal Combustion Crossovers
- Why Did Tesla Have Battery Day? Why Did It Reveal The Semi Years Ago?
Have a tip for CleanTechnica, want to advertise, or want to suggest a guest for our CleanTech Talk podcast? Contact us here.